Donald Trump. He's everywhere right now, and a year before the 2016 election he's killing his Republican competitors for the upcoming nomination. Even though we've been dealing with him for 30 years, most Americans and the rest of the world are sort of in shock that we're here.
Yes, he's outrageous. You never know what he's going to say. But we've been down this road before.
Just a few short years ago, actor/addict/porn star afficionado Charlie Sheen was all over the news with HIS outrageous comments. Not unlike Trump, we couldn't get enough of him.
They're bold. They're brash. For better or for worse, they're America.
You might think that these two men could not have less in common. But you would be wrong.
Get out a pencil and paper. Take the quiz. For each question, who said it?
Sheen or Trump?
ESPECIALLY if you're a Trump fan. I dare you.
Answers at the end. Read 'em and weep.
1) "I'm different. I have a different constitution. I have a different brain, a different heart."
2) "I'm dealing with fools and trolls and soft targets. I don't have time for these clowns."
3) "You know, it really doesn't matter what the media writes as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."
4) "I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don't think people are ready for the message I'm delivering."
5) "Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser."
6) "I think the honesty not only shines through in my work, but also in my personal life.And I get in trouble for being honest. I'm extremely old fashioned. I'm a nobleman. I'm chivalrous."
7) "You either love or you hate. You live in the middle and you get nothing."
8) "A little more moderation would be good. Of course, my life hasn't exactly been one of moderation."
9) "I have one speed. I have one gear -- GO!"
10) "That's how I roll. And if it's too gnarly for people, then 'buh-bye.'"
11) "I don't have a tuxedo that fits me anymore because my arms and my biceps are too big."
12) "Women are not to be hit. They are to be hugged and caressed."
13) "The worst things in history happen when people stop thinking for themselves and listen to other people -- and worse -- start following other people. That's what gives rise to dictators."
14) "It's not an act. I love it. It's totally original. People go: 'What's going on with this guy?'"
15) "I've got mad energy for days. That's what people can't get their mind around. Most of the time, I'm a F-18."
16) "That we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, it's morally treasonable to the American public."
17) "All of the women I've worked with have flirted with me, consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."
18) "For now I'm just going to hang out with this lovely lady and fly privately around the world. It might be lonely up here, but I'm sure enjoying the view."
19) "I don't have time for their judgement and their stupidity. They lay down with their ugly wives in front of their ugly children, they look at their loser lives and then they look at me and they say 'I can't process it.'"
20) "Boom. Crush. 'Night, losers."
Let me know your score -- I'll tally 'em up.
1) Sheen 2) Sheen 3) Trump 4) Sheen 5) Trump 6) Sheen 7) Sheen 8) Trump 9) Sheen 10) Sheen 11) Sheen 12) Sheen 13) Trump 14) Sheen 15) Sheen 16) Sheen 17) Trump 18) Sheen 19) Sheen 20) Sheen